On July 18, 1955, Disneyland officially opened its doors in southern California. Now, fifty-five years later, a rare gathering of Disney Legends, family members, former executives (2 Disneyland Presidents), Imagineers and other special guests will be gathering in San Francisco at the new Walt Disney Family Museum – many of whom will share their personal stories about working with Walt.
The gatherings will occur on three separate dates: Friday, July 16, 2010 – 6:30 pm, Saturday, July 17 – 3:00 pm, and Sunday, July 18 – 3:00 pm
Unfortunately, tickets to these events are completely sold out. However, the @WDFMuseum will be live-tweeting from all three events! They will also be sending out a photo recap with highlights of our Disneyland 55 weekend.
Special Guests include:
- Diane Disney Miller – daughter of Walt Disney (Friday, July 16 only)
- Tony Baxter – current SR VP of Creative Development for Disneyland
- Jack Lindquist – former President of Disneyland
- Dick Nunis – Disney Legend and former Chairman of Walt Disney Attractions
- Matt Ouimet – former President of Disneyland Resort
- Buzz Price – Economist who helped Walt Disney find original site of Disneyland
- Craig Russell – Current Chief Design and Project Delivery Executive, Walt Disney Imagineering
- Marty Sklar – Disney Legend and former Vice Chair of Imagineering
- Bruce Vaughn – Current Chief Creative Executive, Walt Disney Imagineering
The gatherings will be held in the Special Exhibition Hall of The Walt Disney Family Museum in Presidio, San Francisco.