During the recent D23 Expo held in Anaheim, California, Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products Chairman Bob Chapek shared more of the ways Epcot will stay true to its original vision while bringing timeless Disney storytelling to life with the magic of possibility. The park will be unified with four neighborhoods that each celebrate a unique aspect of what makes Epcot so special.
Here are the details from the official Disney press release:
- World Showcase will welcome the first attraction inspired by Mary Poppins in Cherry Tree Lane, which will join the United Kingdom pavilion as an entirely new neighborhood.
- Following the limited-time run of Epcot Forever, the new nighttime spectacular HarmonioUS will be the largest ever created for a Disney park, celebrating how the music of Disney inspires people the world over.
- In summer 2020, the France pavilion will offer even more for guests to discover, including the much-anticipated attraction Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, as well as a delicious new restaurant called La Crêperie de Paris.
- Also in the France pavilion, the classic Impressions de France film will be joined by an all-new “Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along” in January 2020.
- “Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360” will debut in January 2020 in the Canada pavilion with new scenes and a new story.
- In the China pavilion, “Wondrous China” will take guests on a spectacular journey across China, filmed and presented in a completely seamless 360-degree digital format.
- The iconic Spaceship Earth will remain a voyage through time as the journey transforms with new scenes reflecting the universal nature of the human experience. A new guide and all-new narration will focus on the storytelling that brings people together.
- A new pavilion will be the home base for Epcot’s signature festivals. It will provide a stunning view of World Showcase and an ideal spot to witness the park’s nighttime spectacular. This beautiful, three-level structure will have one of the most remarkable designs at any Disney park and will fast become a new icon for Epcot.
- World Celebration will also feature breathtaking views at Dreamers Point, lush gardens, a wishing tree, an interactive new fountain and a statue celebrating the legacy of the original dreamer, Walt Disney.
- Journey of Water, Inspired by “Moana” will be a lush exploration trail where guests can meet and play with magical, living water.
- The Land pavilion’s new film “Awesome Planet,” which showcases the spectacular beauty, diversity, and dynamic story of the planet, will begin welcoming guests in January 2020.
- Guests will ride on a daring adventure featuring the first reverse launch into space on Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind. This thrilling, family-friendly attraction will feature a never-before-seen storytelling coaster that rotates to focus on the action, wherever it may be.
- An expansion of the Mission: SPACE pavilion, the new restaurant Space 220 will open this winter as an out-of-this-world culinary experience with the celestial panorama of a space station, including daytime and nighttime views of Earth from 220 miles up.
- PLAY! pavilion will open in time for the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World. In this interactive metropolis, guests will discover a city bursting with games, activities, and experiences that connect them with friends, family, and beloved Disney characters like never before.
OneDerWear disposable underwear for travel