It is officially the refurbishment season for the Disneyland resort. And while it’s a great time to visit the park to avoid large crowds, be ready to see a lot of construction in the process. If you don’t mind construction walls up everywhere and not being able to enjoy some of your favorite attractions, you will most certainly enjoy shorter waits (if any wait at all) for more popular attractions, not to mention the cooler weather.
So, guests are encourage to check the Disneyland Resort web site prior to their visit to view current refurbishment and attraction closures schedule. If you visit the resort this week, this is what you can expect to see.
- “it’s a small world” – closed for a nine-month refurbishment, and is currently scheduled to reopen on Saturday November 29, 2008. The nearby Toy Shop is also closed during the renovation.
- New Century Timepieces – closed through the first week of October for conversion into the Fortuosity Shoppe.
- French Market – closed September 2 to 19 for refurbishment.
- Conostoga Wagon – closes September 2 for conversion from a McDonald’s french fry outlet into an unspecified food service location.
- Harbour Galley – closes through December 16 for conversion from a McDonald’s French fry outlet into an unspecified food service location.
- Haunted Mansion – closed September 2 to 25 to install the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay.
- Sailing Ship Columbia – close September 2 to October 24 for refurbishment.
- Big Thunder Ranch – closed September 15-25 install the Halloween overlay.
Here are some pictures taken by MousePlanet staff that provide an idea of what you will see when visiting Disneyland – construction walls and lots of them.
- Hyperion Theater – closed through December 11 for refurbishment.
- Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular – closed through December 11.
- Burger Invasion – closes September 2 for conversion into a non-McDonald’s restaurant.
- Sun Wheel – closes September 11 for refurbishment and to install the new Mickey face.
- Flik’s Flyers – closed September 15 to 25 for refurbishment.
- The Vineyard Room – closes September 29. No announcement has been made about a potential replacement for this restaurant.
Related: Get Disney park hopper tickets at LA Fun Tickets.