During the recent D23 Expo, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Jay Rasulo confirmed rumors regarding the Fantasyland expansion in Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. Scheduled to be complete by 2013, this would be the largest expansion in the history of the Magic Kingdom and would vastly increasing the size of the existing Fantasyland.
We have some additional details along with concept art as revealed at the expo itself.
Rasulo revealed the following items we can expect to see in the expansion:
- Visit your favorite Disney Princess in her castle, cottage, or chateau. This will include sharing a dance with Cinderella, celebrating Sleeping Beauty’s birthday with the Good Fairies or joining Belle in an enchanting story performance in the Beast’s castle library.
- Be Our Guest and dine in one of three enchanted rooms inside the Beast’s castle.
- Fly with Dumbo high above brand new circus grounds, twice the size of the existing attraction with a new interactive, three-ring circus tent.
- Journey under the sea with Ariel, The Little Mermaid, in her very own attraction – also opening at Disney’s California Adventure in Anaheim in 2011.
- Meet Tinker Bell and her friends in the magical world of Pixie Hollow.
Now for some of the concept art that was shown during Rasulo’s presentation at the D23 Expo. Enjoy!
Concept Art for Little Mermaid Attraction at Fantasyland
Concept Art for Revamped Dumbo Attraction at Fantasyland
Concept Art for Pixie Hollow in Fantasyland Expansion
Stay tuned to Disney-O-Rama as we bring you additional details and updates as we learn of them in the near future.